ICD-10-CM Code N90.4
Leukoplakia of vulva
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N90.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of leukoplakia of vulva. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N904 is used to code Leukoplakia
Leukoplakia (also termed leucoplakia, leukokeratosis, leukoplasia, idiopathic leukoplakia, idiopathic keratosis, or idiopathic white patch), normally refers to a condition where areas of keratosis appear as firmly attached white patches on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, although the term is sometimes used for white patches of other gastrointestinal tract mucosal sites, or mucosal surfaces of the urinary tract and genitals.
|MeSH Codes:||D007971, D007971, D007971, D007971, D007971, D007971|
|ICD 9 Codes:||528.6, 530.83, 607.0, 622.2, 623.1, 624.0|
Oral leukoplakia on the buccal mucosa.
Coding Notes for N90.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Dystrophy of vulva
- Kraurosis of vulva
- Lichen sclerosus of external female genital organs
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Female (finding)
- Lichen sclerosus et atrophicus of the vulva (disorder)
- Squamous cell carcinoma of vulva due to lichen sclerosus (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N90.4 - Leukoplakia of vulva'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N90.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N90.4 and a single ICD9 code, 624.09 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.