ICD-10-CM Code N93.8
Other specified abnormal uterine and vaginal bleeding
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N93.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified abnormal uterine and vaginal bleeding. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N938 is used to code Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) is abnormal genital tract bleeding based in the uterus and found in the absence of demonstrable structural or organic pathology. It is usually due to hormonal disturbances: reduced levels of progesterone causes low levels of prostaglandin F2alpha and causes menorrhagia, increased levels of tissue plasminogen activator (TPA) (a fibrinolytic enzyme) leads to more fibrinolysis.
|ICD 9 Codes:||626.8,|
Coding Notes for N93.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Dysfunctional or functional uterine or vaginal bleeding NOS
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Premenopausal postcoital bleeding (finding)
- Metropathia hemorrhagica (finding)
- Passing small clots vaginally (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N93.8 - Other specified abnormal uterine and vaginal bleeding'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N93.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N93.8 and a single ICD9 code, 626.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.