ICD-10-CM Code N94.6
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N94.6 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of dysmenorrhea, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N946 is used to code Dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea, also known as dysmenorrhoea, painful periods, or menstrual cramps, is pain during menstruation. It usually begins around the time that menstruation begins. Symptoms typically last less than three days. The pain is usually in the pelvis or lower abdomen. Other symptoms may include back pain, diarrhea, or nausea.
|MeSH Codes:||D004412, D004412|
|ICD 9 Codes:||625.3, 625.3|
Coding Notes for N94.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Psychogenic dysmenorrhea - instead, use code F45.8
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N94.6 - Dysmenorrhea, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N94.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N94.6 and a single ICD9 code, 625.3 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.