ICD-10-CM Code N96
Recurrent pregnancy loss
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N96 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of recurrent pregnancy loss. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N96 is used to code Recurrent miscarriage
Recurrent miscarriage, habitual abortion, or recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) is a disease distinct from infertility, defined by two or more failed pregnancies. When the cause is unknown, each pregnancy loss merits careful review to determine whether specific evaluation may be appropriate. After three or more losses, a thorough evaluation is warranted. About 1% of couples trying to have children are affected by recurrent miscarriage.
|ICD 9 Code:||629.81|
Coding Notes for N96 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Investigation or care in a nonpregnant woman with history of recurrent pregnancy loss
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Recurrent pregancy loss with current pregnancy - instead, use code O26.2-
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N96 - Recurrent pregnancy loss'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N96. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 629.81 was previously used, N96 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.