ICD-10-CM Code O04.82
Renal failure following (induced) termination of pregnancy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O04.82 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of renal failure following (induced) termination of pregnancy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code O04 is used to code Abortion
Abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside the uterus.[note 1] An abortion which occurs spontaneously is also known as a miscarriage. An abortion may be caused purposely and is then called an induced abortion, or less frequently, "induced miscarriage". The word abortion is often used to mean only induced abortions. A similar procedure after the fetus could potentially survive outside the womb is known as a "late termination of pregnancy".
|Specialty:||Obstetrics And Gynecology|
|ICD 9 Code:||779.6|
Coding Notes for O04.82 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Kidney failure (acute) following (induced) termination of pregnancy
- Oliguria following (induced) termination of pregnancy
- Renal shutdown following (induced) termination of pregnancy
- Renal tubular necrosis following (induced) termination of pregnancy
- Uremia following (induced) termination of pregnancy
- DRG Group #770 - Abortion with d&c, aspiration curettage or hysterotomy.
- DRG Group #779 - Abortion without d&c.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Induced termination of pregnancy complicated by renal tubular necrosis (disorder)
- Induced termination of pregnancy complicated by uremia (disorder)
- Induced termination of pregnancy complicated by acute renal failure with oliguria (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O04.82 - Renal failure following (induced) termination of pregnancy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O04.82. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O04.82 and a single ICD9 code, 635.32 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.