ICD-10-CM Code O07.31
Shock following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O07.31 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of shock following failed attempted termination of pregnancy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for O07.31 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Circulatory collapse following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Shock (postprocedural) following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Shock due to infection following failed attempted termination of pregnancy - instead, use code O07.37
- DRG Group #770 - Abortion with d&c, aspiration curettage or hysterotomy.
- DRG Group #779 - Abortion without d&c.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Failed attempted abortion with postoperative shock (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O07.31 - Shock following failed attempted termination of pregnancy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O07.31. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 638.5 was previously used, O07.31 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.