ICD-10-CM Code O08.0
Genital tract and pelvic infection following ectopic and molar pregnancy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O08.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of genital tract and pelvic infection following ectopic and molar pregnancy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for O08.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Endometritis following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- Oophoritis following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- Parametritis following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- Pelvic peritonitis following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- Salpingitis following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- Salpingo-oophoritis following ectopic and molar pregnancy
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Sepsis following ectopic and molar pregnancy - instead, use code O08.82
- Urinary tract infection - instead, use code O08.83
- DRG Group #769 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses with operating room procedure.
- DRG Group #776 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses without operating room procedure.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Salpingo-oophoritis following abortive pregnancy (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O08.0 - Genital tract and pelvic infection following ectopic and molar pregnancy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O08.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O08.0 and a single ICD9 code, 639.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.