ICD-10-CM Code O26.6
Liver and biliary tract disorders in pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O26.6 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of O26.6 that describes the diagnosis 'liver & biliary trac disord in preg, chldbrth and the puerp' in more detail.
- O26.6 Liver and biliary tract disorders in pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium NON-BILLABLE
- O26.61 Liver and biliary tract disorders in NON-BILLABLE
- O26.611 Liver and biliary tract disorders in pregnancy, first trimester BILLABLE
- O26.612 Liver and biliary tract disorders in pregnancy, second trimester BILLABLE
- O26.613 Liver and biliary tract disorders in pregnancy, third trimester BILLABLE
- O26.619 Liver and biliary tract disorders in pregnancy, unspecified trimester BILLABLE
- BILLABLE O26.62 Liver and biliary tract disorders in childbirth
- BILLABLE O26.63 Liver and biliary tract disorders in the puerperium
The ICD code O266 is used to code Acute fatty liver of pregnancy
Acute fatty liver of pregnancy is a rare life-threatening complication of pregnancy that occurs in the third trimester or the immediate period after delivery. It is thought to be caused by a disordered metabolism of fatty acids by mitochondria in the mother, caused by long-chain 3-hydroxyacyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase deficiency. The condition was previously thought to be universally fatal, but aggressive treatment by stabilizing the mother with intravenous fluids and blood products in anticipation of early delivery has improved prognosis.
|ICD 9 Codes:||646.7, 646.73|
Coding Notes for O26.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify the specific disorder
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Hepatorenal syndrome following labor and delivery - instead, use code O90.4
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O26.6 - Liver and biliary tract disorders in pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O26.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.