ICD-10-CM Code O32
Maternal care for malpresentation of fetus
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O32 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of O32 that describes the diagnosis 'maternal care for malpresentation of fetus' in more detail.
- O32 Maternal care for malpresentation of fetus NON-BILLABLE
- O32.0 Maternal care for NON-BILLABLE
- O32.1 Maternal care for NON-BILLABLE
- O32.2 Maternal care for NON-BILLABLE
- O32.3 Maternal care for NON-BILLABLE
- O32.4 Maternal care for NON-BILLABLE
- O32.6 Maternal care for NON-BILLABLE
- O32.8 Maternal care for malpresentation of fetus NON-BILLABLE
- O32.9 Maternal care for malpresentation of NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for O32 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- The listed conditions as a reason for observation, hospitalization or other obstetric care of the mother, or for cesarean delivery before onset of labor
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Malpresentation of fetus with obstructed labor - instead, use code O64.-
7th Character Extension Notes:
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
- One of the following 7th characters is to be assigned to each code under category O32. 7th character 0 is for single gestations and multiple gestations where the fetus is unspecified. 7th characters 1 through 9 are for cases of multiple gestations to identify the fetus for which the code applies. The appropriate code from category See Code O30, Multiple gestation, must also be assigned when assigning a code from category O32 that has a 7th character of 1 through 9.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O32 - Maternal care for malpresentation of fetus'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O32. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.