ICD-10-CM Code O34.21
Maternal care for scar from previous cesarean delivery
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O34.21 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of maternal care for scar from previous cesarean delivery. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #781 - Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications.
- DRG Group #782 - Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Delivered by cesarean delivery following previous cesarean delivery (finding)
- Vaginal delivery following previous cesarean section (finding)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O34.21 - Maternal care for scar from previous cesarean delivery'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O34.21. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O34.21 and a single ICD9 code, 654.23 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.