ICD-10-CM Code O36.2
Maternal care for hydrops fetalis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O36.2 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of O36.2 that describes the diagnosis 'maternal care for hydrops fetalis' in more detail.
- O36.2 Maternal care for hydrops fetalis NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for O36.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Maternal care for hydrops fetalis NOS
- Maternal care for hydrops fetalis not associated with isoimmunization
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Hydrops fetalis associated with ABO isoimmunization - instead, use code O36.1-
- Hydrops fetalis associated with rhesus isoimmunization - instead, use code O36.0-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O36.2 - Maternal care for hydrops fetalis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O36.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.