ICD-10-CM Code O43
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O43 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of O43 that describes the diagnosis 'placental disorders' in more detail.
- O43 Placental disorders NON-BILLABLE
- O43.0 Placental NON-BILLABLE
- O43.01 Fetomaternal placental transfusion syndrome NON-BILLABLE
- O43.02 Fetus-to-fetus placental transfusion syndrome NON-BILLABLE
- O43.1 NON-BILLABLE
- O43.2 NON-BILLABLE
- O43.8 disorders NON-BILLABLE
- O43.9 NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code O43 is used to code Placental disease
A placental disease is any disease, disorder, or pathology of the placenta. The article also covers placentation abnormalities, which is often used synonymously for placental disease.
|MeSH Codes:||D010922, D010922, D010922, D010922, D010922, D010922, D010922|
|ICD 9 Codes:||641.0, 641.1, 641.2, 667, 762.0, 762.1, 762.2|
Micrograph of a chorangioma. H&E stain.
Coding Notes for O43 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Maternal care for poor fetal growth due to placental insufficiency - instead, use code O36.5-
- Placenta previa - instead, use code O44.-
- Placental polyp - instead, use code O90.89
- Placentitis - instead, use code O41.14-
- Premature separation of placenta [abruptio placentae] - instead, use code O45.-