ICD-10-CM Code O43.8
Other placental disorders
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O43.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of O43.8 that describes the diagnosis 'other placental disorders' in more detail.
- O43.8 Other placental disorders NON-BILLABLE
- O43.81 NON-BILLABLE
- O43.811 Placental infarction, first trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.812 Placental infarction, second trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.813 Placental infarction, third trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.819 Placental infarction, unspecified trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.89 Other placental disorders NON-BILLABLE
- O43.891 Other placental disorders, first trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.892 Other placental disorders, second trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.893 Other placental disorders, third trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.899 Other placental disorders, unspecified trimester NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code O43 is used to code Placental disease
A placental disease is any disease, disorder, or pathology of the placenta. The article also covers placentation abnormalities, which is often used synonymously for placental disease.
|MeSH Codes:||D010922, D010922, D010922, D010922, D010922, D010922, D010922|
|ICD 9 Codes:||641.0, 641.1, 641.2, 667, 762.0, 762.1, 762.2|
Micrograph of a chorangioma. H&E stain.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Lesion of placenta (finding)
- Retroplacental hematoma (disorder)