ICD-10-CM Code O69.1XX0
Labor and delivery complicated by cord around neck, with compression, not applicable or unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O69.1XX0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of labor and delivery complicated by cord around neck, with compression, not applicable or unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code O691 is used to code Nuchal cord
A nuchal cord occurs when the umbilical cord becomes wrapped around the fetal neck 360 degrees. Nuchal cords are not very common, with prevalence rates of 6% to 37%. Up to half of nuchal cords resolve before delivery.
|ICD 9 Code:||762.5|
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with sterilization and or d&c.
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with operating room procedure except steril and or d&c.
- DRG Group #774 - Vaginal delivery with complicating diagnoses.
- DRG Group #775 - Vaginal delivery without complicating diagnoses.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Umbilical cord tight around neck with antenatal problem (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider which fetus is affected by the maternal condition
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O69.1XX0 and a single ICD9 code, 663.11 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.