ICD-10-CM Code O71.00
Rupture of uterus before onset of labor, unspecified trimester
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O71.00 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of rupture of uterus before onset of labor, unspecified trimester. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code O710 is used to code Uterine rupture
Uterine rupture is a potentially catastrophic event during childbirth by which the integrity of the myometrial wall is breached. In an incomplete rupture the peritoneum is still intact. With a complete rupture the contents of the uterus may spill into the peritoneal cavity or the broad ligament. A uterine rupture is a life-threatening event for mother and baby.
|ICD 9 Code:||665.1|
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with sterilization and or d&c.
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with operating room procedure except steril and or d&c.
- DRG Group #774 - Vaginal delivery with complicating diagnoses.
- DRG Group #775 - Vaginal delivery without complicating diagnoses.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Rupture of gravid uterus before onset of labor (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider trimester specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O71.00 and a single ICD9 code, 665.00 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.