ICD-10-CM Code O71.6
Obstetric damage to pelvic joints and ligaments
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O71.6 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of obstetric damage to pelvic joints and ligaments. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for O71.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Obstetric avulsion of inner symphyseal cartilage
- Obstetric damage to coccyx
- Obstetric traumatic separation of symphysis (pubis)
- DRG Group #769 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses with operating room procedure.
- DRG Group #776 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses without operating room procedure.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Dislocation of symphysis pubis in pregnancy (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O71.6 - Obstetric damage to pelvic joints and ligaments'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O71.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O71.6 and a single ICD9 code, 665.64 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.