ICD-10-CM Code O76
Abnormality in fetal heart rate and rhythm complicating labor and delivery
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O76 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of abnormality in fetal heart rate and rhythm complicating labor and delivery. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for O76 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Depressed fetal heart rate tones complicating labor and delivery
- Fetal bradycardia complicating labor and delivery
- Fetal heart rate decelerations complicating labor and delivery
- Fetal heart rate irregularity complicating labor and delivery
- Fetal heart rate abnormal variability complicating labor and delivery
- Fetal tachycardia complicating labor and delivery
- Non-reassuring fetal heart rate or rhythm complicating labor and delivery
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Fetal stress NOS - instead, use code O77.9
- Labor and delivery complicated by electrocardiographic evidence of fetal stress - instead, use code O77.8
- Labor and delivery complicated by ultrasonic evidence of fetal stress - instead, use code O77.8
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Fetal metabolic acidemia - instead, use Code O68
- Other fetal stress (O77.0-O77.1) - instead, use code O77.0-
- DRG Group #781 - Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications.
- DRG Group #782 - Other antepartum diagnoses without medical complications.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Maternal care for fetal decelerations during pregnancy (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O76 - Abnormality in fetal heart rate and rhythm complicating labor and delivery'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O76. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O76 and a single ICD9 code, 659.71 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.