ICD-10-CM Code O77.8
Labor and delivery complicated by other evidence of fetal stress
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O77.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of labor and delivery complicated by other evidence of fetal stress. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for O77.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Labor and delivery complicated by electrocardiographic evidence of fetal stress
- Labor and delivery complicated by ultrasonic evidence of fetal stress
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Abnormality of fetal acid-base balance - instead, use Code O68
- Abnormality in fetal heart rate or rhythm - instead, use Code O76
- Fetal metabolic acidemia - instead, use Code O68
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with sterilization and or d&c.
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with operating room procedure except steril and or d&c.
- DRG Group #774 - Vaginal delivery with complicating diagnoses.
- DRG Group #775 - Vaginal delivery without complicating diagnoses.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O77.8 - Labor and delivery complicated by other evidence of fetal stress'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O77.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O77.8 and a single ICD9 code, 656.81 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.