ICD-10-CM Code O80
Encounter for full-term uncomplicated delivery
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
POA Exempt CodeThe Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires medical coders to indicate whether or not a condition was present at the time of admission, in order to properly assign MS-DRG codes. This "Present On Admission" (POA) indicator is recorded on CMS form 4010A.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O80 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of encounter for full-term uncomplicated delivery. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
POA Indicators on CMS form 4010A are as follows:
|Indicator||Meaning||CMS Will Pay CC/MCC DRG Costs|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission||Yes|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission||No|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||No|
|W||Clinically undetermined. Provider unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||Yes|
|1||Exempt from POA reporting||No|
Coding Notes for O80 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Delivery requiring minimal or no assistance, with or without episiotomy, without fetal manipulation [e.g., rotation version] or instrumentation [forceps] of a spontaneous, cephalic, vaginal, full-term, single, live-born infant. This code is for use as a single diagnosis code and is not to be used with any other code from chapter 15.
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to indicate outcome of delivery See code Z37.0
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with sterilization and or d&c.
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with operating room procedure except steril and or d&c.
- DRG Group #774 - Vaginal delivery with complicating diagnoses.
- DRG Group #775 - Vaginal delivery without complicating diagnoses.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O80 - Encounter for full-term uncomplicated delivery'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O80. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 650 was previously used, O80 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.