ICD-10-CM Code O87
Venous complications and hemorrhoids in the puerperium
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O87 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of O87 that describes the diagnosis 'venous complications and hemorrhoids in the puerperium' in more detail.
- O87 Venous complications and hemorrhoids in the puerperium NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for O87 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Venous complications in labor, delivery and the puerperium
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Obstetric embolism - instead, use code O88.-
- Puerperal septic thrombophlebitis - instead, use code O86.81
- Venous complications in pregnancy - instead, use code O22.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O87 - Venous complications and hemorrhoids in the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O87. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.