ICD-10-CM Code O87.1
Deep phlebothrombosis in the puerperium
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O87.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of deep phlebothrombosis in the puerperium. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for O87.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Deep vein thrombosis, postpartum
- Pelvic thrombophlebitis, postpartum
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify the deep vein thrombosis (I82.4-, I82.5-, I82.62-. I82.72-) See code I82.4-
- Code, if applicable, for associated long-term (current) use of anticoagulants See code Z79.01
- DRG Group #769 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses with operating room procedure.
- DRG Group #774 - Vaginal delivery with complicating diagnoses.
- DRG Group #776 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses without operating room procedure.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Postpartum deep phlebothrombosis (disorder)
- Postnatal deep vein thrombosis with postnatal complication (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative disease code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O87.1 - Deep phlebothrombosis in the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O87.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O87.1 and a single ICD9 code, 671.44 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.