ICD-10-CM Code O92.79
Other disorders of lactation
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O92.79 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other disorders of lactation. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code O92 is used to code Puerperal disorder
Coding Notes for O92.79 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Puerperal galactocele
- DRG Group #769 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses with operating room procedure.
- DRG Group #776 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses without operating room procedure.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Breast engorgement in pregnancy, the puerperium or lactation - delivered with postnatal complication (finding)
- Breast engorgement in pregnancy/puerperium/lact + p/n comp (finding)
- Difficulty positioning baby at breast for feeding (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O92.79 - Other disorders of lactation'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O92.79. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O92.79 and a single ICD9 code, 676.84 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.