ICD-10-CM Code O94
Sequelae of complication of pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
POA Exempt CodeThe Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires medical coders to indicate whether or not a condition was present at the time of admission, in order to properly assign MS-DRG codes. This "Present On Admission" (POA) indicator is recorded on CMS form 4010A.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O94 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of sequelae of complication of pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
POA Indicators on CMS form 4010A are as follows:
|Indicator||Meaning||CMS Will Pay CC/MCC DRG Costs|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission||Yes|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission||No|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||No|
|W||Clinically undetermined. Provider unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||Yes|
|1||Exempt from POA reporting||No|
Coding Notes for O94 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Code Notes:
- This category is to be used to indicate conditions in Section O00-O77.-, O85-O94 and O98-O9A.- as the cause of late effects. The sequelae include conditions specified as such, or as late effects, which may occur at any time after the puerperium
- Condition resulting from (sequela) of complication of pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium
- DRG Group #998 - Principal diagnosis invalid as discharge diagnosis.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Second degree perineal tear during delivery with postnatal problem (disorder)
- Prolonged second stage with antenatal problem (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O94 - Sequelae of complication of pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O94. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
Late effect of complication of pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium (exact match)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 677 was previously used, O94 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.