ICD-10-CM Code O98.6
Protozoal diseases complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O98.6 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of O98.6 that describes the diagnosis 'protozoal diseases compl preg/chldbrth' in more detail.
- O98.6 Protozoal diseases complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium NON-BILLABLE
- O98.61 Protozoal diseases complicating NON-BILLABLE
- O98.611 Protozoal diseases complicating pregnancy, first trimester BILLABLE
- O98.612 Protozoal diseases complicating pregnancy, second trimester BILLABLE
- O98.613 Protozoal diseases complicating pregnancy, third trimester BILLABLE
- O98.619 Protozoal diseases complicating pregnancy, unspecified trimester BILLABLE
- BILLABLE O98.62 Protozoal diseases complicating childbirth
- BILLABLE O98.63 Protozoal diseases complicating the puerperium
Coding Notes for O98.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Conditions in See Section B50-B64
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Malaria in mother complicating childbirth (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O98.6 - Protozoal diseases complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O98.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.