ICD-10-CM Code O99.0
Anemia complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O99.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of O99.0 that describes the diagnosis 'anemia complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium' in more detail.
- O99.0 Anemia complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium NON-BILLABLE
- O99.01 Anemia complicating NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE O99.02 Anemia complicating childbirth
- BILLABLE O99.03 Anemia complicating the puerperium
Coding Notes for O99.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Conditions in See Section D50-D64
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Megaloblastic anemia due to pregnancy (disorder)
- Sickle cell anemia in mother complicating childbirth (disorder)
- Thalassemia in mother complicating childbirth (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O99.0 - Anemia complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O99.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.