ICD-10-CM Code O99.019
Anemia complicating pregnancy, unspecified trimester
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O99.019 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of anemia complicating pregnancy, unspecified trimester. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #998 - Principal diagnosis invalid as discharge diagnosis.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Megaloblastic anemia due to pregnancy (disorder)
- Aplastic anemia associated with pregnancy (disorder)
- Anemia of pregnancy (disorder)
- Anemia during pregnancy - baby delivered (disorder)
- Anemia during pregnancy - baby not yet delivered (disorder)
- Iron deficiency anemia of pregnancy (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider trimester specification
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O99.019 and a single ICD9 code, 648.20 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.