ICD-10-CM Code O99.284
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases complicating childbirth
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O99.284 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases complicating childbirth. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with sterilization and or d&c.
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with operating room procedure except steril and or d&c.
- DRG Group #774 - Vaginal delivery with complicating diagnoses.
- DRG Group #775 - Vaginal delivery without complicating diagnoses.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Thyroid disease in mother complicating pregnancy, childbirth AND/OR puerperium (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O99.284 - Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases complicating childbirth'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O99.284. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O99.284 and a single ICD9 code, 648.91 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: O99.28 - Other endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium