ICD-10-CM Code O9A.1
Malignant neoplasm complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O9A.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of O9A.1 that describes the diagnosis 'malignant neoplasm compl preg/chldbrth' in more detail.
- O9A.1 Malignant neoplasm complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium NON-BILLABLE
- O9A.11 Malignant neoplasm complicating NON-BILLABLE
- O9A.111 Malignant neoplasm complicating pregnancy, first trimester BILLABLE
- O9A.112 Malignant neoplasm complicating pregnancy, second trimester BILLABLE
- O9A.113 Malignant neoplasm complicating pregnancy, third trimester BILLABLE
- O9A.119 Malignant neoplasm complicating pregnancy, unspecified trimester BILLABLE
- BILLABLE O9A.12 Malignant neoplasm complicating childbirth
- BILLABLE O9A.13 Malignant neoplasm complicating the puerperium
Coding Notes for O9A.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Conditions in See Section C00-C96
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify neoplasm
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Maternal care for benign tumor of corpus uteri - instead, use code O34.1-
- Maternal care for benign tumor of cervix - instead, use code O34.4-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O9A.1 - Malignant neoplasm complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O9A.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.