ICD-10-CM Code O9A.3
Physical abuse complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O9A.3 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of O9A.3 that describes the diagnosis 'physical abuse compl preg/chldbrth' in more detail.
- O9A.3 Physical abuse complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium NON-BILLABLE
- O9A.31 Physical abuse complicating NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE O9A.32 Physical abuse complicating childbirth
- BILLABLE O9A.33 Physical abuse complicating the puerperium
Coding Notes for O9A.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Conditions in T74.11 or T76.11 See code T74.11
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code (if applicable):
- To identify any associated current injury due to physical abuse
- To identify the perpetrator of abuse See code Y07.-
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Sexual abuse complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium - instead, use code O9A.4
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O9A.3 - Physical abuse complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O9A.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.