ICD-10-CM Code O9A.4
Sexual abuse complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O9A.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of O9A.4 that describes the diagnosis 'sexual abuse compl preg/chldbrth' in more detail.
- O9A.4 Sexual abuse complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium NON-BILLABLE
- O9A.41 Sexual abuse complicating NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE O9A.42 Sexual abuse complicating childbirth
- BILLABLE O9A.43 Sexual abuse complicating the puerperium
Coding Notes for O9A.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Conditions in T74.21 or T76.21 See code T74.21
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code (if applicable):
- To identify any associated current injury due to sexual abuse
- To identify the perpetrator of abuse See code Y07.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O9A.4 - Sexual abuse complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O9A.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.