ICD-10-CM Code P10
Intracranial laceration and hemorrhage due to birth injury
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code P10 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of P10 that describes the diagnosis 'intracranial laceration and hemorrhage due to birth injury' in more detail.
- P10 Intracranial laceration and hemorrhage due to birth injury NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P10.0 hemorrhage due to birth injury
- BILLABLE P10.1 hemorrhage due to birth injury
- BILLABLE P10.2 hemorrhage due to birth injury
- BILLABLE P10.3 hemorrhage due to birth injury
- BILLABLE P10.4 due to birth injury
- BILLABLE P10.8 and due to birth injury
- BILLABLE P10.9 laceration and hemorrhage due to birth injury
The ICD code P10 is used to code Birth trauma (physical)
Birth trauma (BT) refers to damage of the tissues and organs of a newly delivered child, often as a result of physical pressure or trauma during childbirth. The term also encompasses the long term consequences, often of a cognitive nature, of damage to the brain or cranium. Medical study of birth trauma dates to the 16th century, and the morphological consequences of mishandled delivery are described in Renaissance-era medical literature. Birth injury occupies a unique area of concern and study in the medical canon. In ICD-10 "birth trauma" occupied 49 individual codes (P10-Р15).
|ICD 9 Code:||767|
Position of the child is important for normal birthing procedure, head-first birth is preferred.
Coding Notes for P10 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Intracranial hemorrhage of newborn NOS - instead, use code P52.9
- Intracranial hemorrhage of newborn due to anoxia or hypoxia - instead, use code P52.-
- Nontraumatic intracranial hemorrhage of newborn - instead, use code P52.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P10 - Intracranial laceration and hemorrhage due to birth injury'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P10. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.