ICD-10-CM Code P24
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code P24 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of P24 that describes the diagnosis 'neonatal aspiration' in more detail.
- P24 Neonatal aspiration NON-BILLABLE
- P24.0 aspiration NON-BILLABLE
- P24.1 Neonatal aspiration NON-BILLABLE
- P24.2 Neonatal aspiration NON-BILLABLE
- P24.3 Neonatal aspiration NON-BILLABLE
- P24.8 aspiration NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P24.9 Neonatal
The ICD code P24 is used to code Pulmonary aspiration
Upper respiratory tract (pharynx and larynx) and lower respiratory tract (trachea, bronchi, and lung)
Coding Notes for P24 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Aspiration in utero and during delivery
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P24 - Neonatal aspiration'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P24. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.