ICD-10-CM Code P29
Cardiovascular disorders originating in the perinatal period
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code P29 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of P29 that describes the diagnosis 'cardiovascular disorders originating in the perinatal period' in more detail.
- P29 Cardiovascular disorders originating in the perinatal period NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P29.0
- P29.1 NON-BILLABLE
- P29.11 Neonatal tachycardia BILLABLE
- P29.12 Neonatal bradycardia BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P29.2
- BILLABLE P29.3
- BILLABLE P29.4 in
- P29.8 disorders originating in the perinatal period NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P29.9 Cardiovascular originating in the perinatal
Coding Notes for P29 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital malformations of the circulatory system - instead, use Section Q20-Q28
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P29 - Cardiovascular disorders originating in the perinatal period'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P29. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.