ICD-10-CM Code P52
Intracranial nontraumatic hemorrhage of newborn
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code P52 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of P52 that describes the diagnosis 'intracranial nontraumatic hemorrhage of newborn' in more detail.
- P52 Intracranial nontraumatic hemorrhage of newborn NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P52.0 Intraventricular (nontraumatic) hemorrhage, grade 1, of newborn
- BILLABLE P52.1 Intraventricular (nontraumatic) hemorrhage, grade 2, of newborn
- P52.2 Intraventricular (nontraumatic) hemorrhage, grade 3 and grade 4, of newborn NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P52.3 Unspecified intraventricular (nontraumatic) hemorrhage of newborn
- BILLABLE P52.4 Intracerebral (nontraumatic) hemorrhage of newborn
- BILLABLE P52.5 Subarachnoid (nontraumatic) hemorrhage of newborn
- BILLABLE P52.6 Cerebellar (nontraumatic) and posterior fossa hemorrhage of newborn
- BILLABLE P52.8 Other intracranial (nontraumatic) hemorrhages of newborn
- BILLABLE P52.9 Intracranial (nontraumatic) hemorrhage of newborn, unspecified
The ICD code P52 is used to code Intraventricular hemorrhage
An intraventricular hemorrhage (or haemorrhage in British English; both abbreviated as IVH) is a bleeding into the brain's ventricular system, where the cerebrospinal fluid is produced and circulates through towards the subarachnoid space. It can result from physical trauma or from hemorrhaging in stroke.
|ICD 9 Codes:
CT scan showing spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage with bleeding in the third and both lateral ventricles and hydrocephalus
Coding Notes for P52 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Intracranial hemorrhage due to anoxia or hypoxia
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Intracranial hemorrhage due to birth injury - instead, use code P10.-
- Intracranial hemorrhage due to other injury - instead, use code S06.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P52 - Intracranial nontraumatic hemorrhage of newborn'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P52. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.