ICD-10-CM Code P54.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Newborn OnlyCode is only used for patients less than 1 year old.
P54.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of neonatal melena. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for P54.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Neonatal melena due to swallowed maternal blood - instead, use code P78.2
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Neonatal melena (disorder)
- Age at onset of clinical finding (observable entity)
- < 29.0 days
- Melena due to gastrointestinal hemorrhage (disorder)
- Fecal occult blood: positive (finding)
- Occult blood in stools (finding)
- Blood in feces symptom (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P54.1 - Neonatal melena'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P54.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code P54.1 and a single ICD9 code, 772.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.