ICD-10-CM Code P70.1
Syndrome of infant of a diabetic mother
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Newborn OnlyCode is only used for patients less than 1 year old.
P70.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of syndrome of infant of a diabetic mother. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for P70.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Newborn (with hypoglycemia) affected by maternal (pre-existing) diabetes mellitus
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Newborn (with hypoglycemia) affected by maternal gestational diabetes - instead, use code P70.0
- Syndrome of infant of mother with gestational diabetes - instead, use code P70.0
- DRG Group #794 - Neonate with other significant problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Fetal hypertrophic cardiomyopathy due to maternal diabetes mellitus (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P70.1 - Syndrome of infant of a diabetic mother'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P70.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code P70.1 and a single ICD9 code, 775.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.