ICD-10-CM Code P78
Other perinatal digestive system disorders
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code P78 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of P78 that describes the diagnosis 'other perinatal digestive system disorders' in more detail.
- P78 Other perinatal digestive system disorders NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P78.0
- BILLABLE P78.1 Other
- BILLABLE P78.2
- BILLABLE P78.3
- P78.8 Other perinatal digestive system disorders NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P78.9 digestive system
Coding Notes for P78 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Cystic fibrosis (E84.0-E84.9) - instead, use code E84.0-
- Neonatal gastrointestinal hemorrhages (P54.0-P54.3) - instead, use code P54.0-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P78 - Other perinatal digestive system disorders'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P78. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.