ICD-10-CM Code P83
Other conditions of integument specific to newborn
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code P83 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of P83 that describes the diagnosis 'other conditions of integument specific to newborn' in more detail.
- P83 Other conditions of integument specific to newborn NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P83.0
- BILLABLE P83.1
- BILLABLE P83.2 to
- P83.3 Other specific to newborn NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P83.4 of newborn
- BILLABLE P83.5
- BILLABLE P83.6 of newborn
- BILLABLE P83.8 Other conditions of integument specific to newborn
- BILLABLE P83.9 of integument specific to
Coding Notes for P83 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital malformations of skin and integument - instead, use Section Q80-Q84
- Hydrops fetalis due to hemolytic disease - instead, use code P56.-
- Neonatal skin infection - instead, use code P39.4
- Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome - instead, use Code L00
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Cradle cap - instead, use code L21.0
- Diaper [napkin] dermatitis - instead, use Code L22
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P83 - Other conditions of integument specific to newborn'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P83. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.