ICD-10-CM Code P92.6
Failure to thrive in newborn
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Newborn OnlyCode is only used for patients less than 1 year old.
P92.6 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of failure to thrive in newborn. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for P92.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Failure to thrive in child over 28 days old - instead, use code R62.51
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes with MCC.
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- On examination - failure to thrive (disorder)
- Age at onset of clinical finding (observable entity)
- < 29.0 days
- Organic failure to thrive (disorder)
- Pediatric failure to thrive (disorder)
- Failure to thrive in infant (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P92.6 - Failure to thrive in newborn'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P92.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 779.34 was previously used, P92.6 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.