ICD-10-CM Code Q18
Other congenital malformations of face and neck
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Q18 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of Q18 that describes the diagnosis 'other congenital malformations of face and neck' in more detail.
- Q18 Other congenital malformations of face and neck NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Q18 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Cleft lip and cleft palate - instead, use Section Q35-Q37
- Conditions classified to Q67.0-Q67.4 - instead, use code Q67.0-
- Congenital malformations of skull and face bones - instead, use code Q75.-
- Cyclopia - instead, use code Q87.0
- Dentofacial anomalies [including malocclusion] - instead, use code M26.-
- Malformation syndromes affecting facial appearance - instead, use code Q87.0
- Persistent thyroglossal duct - instead, use code Q89.2
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q18 - Other congenital malformations of face and neck'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q18. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.