ICD-10-CM Code Q27.8
Other specified congenital malformations of peripheral vascular system
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
POA Exempt CodeThe Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires medical coders to indicate whether or not a condition was present at the time of admission, in order to properly assign MS-DRG codes. This "Present On Admission" (POA) indicator is recorded on CMS form 4010A.
Q27.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified congenital malformations of peripheral vascular system. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
POA Indicators on CMS form 4010A are as follows:
|Indicator||Meaning||CMS Will Pay CC/MCC DRG Costs|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission||Yes|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission||No|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||No|
|W||Clinically undetermined. Provider unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||Yes|
|1||Exempt from POA reporting||No|
The ICD code Q278 is used to code Aberrant subclavian artery
Aberrant subclavian artery, or aberrant subclavian artery syndrome, is a rare anatomical variant of the origin of the right or left subclavian artery. This abnormality is the most common congenital vascular anomaly of the aortic arch.
|ICD 9 Code:||747.21|
Normal anatomical locations of right and left subclavian arteries
Coding Notes for Q27.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Absence of peripheral vascular system
- Atresia of peripheral vascular system
- Congenital aneurysm (peripheral)
- Congenital stricture, artery
- Congenital varix
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Arteriovenous malformation - instead, use code Q27.3-
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Congenital occlusion of femoral vein (disorder)
- Congenital occlusion of iliac vein (disorder)
- Congenital absence of carotid artery (disorder)
- Congenital malposition of carotid artery (disorder)
- Anomalous origin of left common carotid artery from brachiocephalic artery (disorder)
- Isolation of subclavian artery (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q27.8 - Other specified congenital malformations of peripheral vascular system'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q27.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code Q27.8 and a single ICD9 code, 747.69 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.