ICD-10-CM Code Q28
Other congenital malformations of circulatory system
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Q28 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of Q28 that describes the diagnosis 'other congenital malformations of circulatory system' in more detail.
- Q28 Other congenital malformations of circulatory system NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Q28 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital aneurysm NOS - instead, use code Q27.8
- Congenital coronary aneurysm - instead, use code Q24.5
- Ruptured cerebral arteriovenous malformation - instead, use code I60.8
- Ruptured malformation of precerebral vessels - instead, use code I72.0
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Congenital peripheral aneurysm - instead, use code Q27.8
- Congenital pulmonary aneurysm - instead, use code Q25.79
- Congenital retinal aneurysm - instead, use code Q14.1
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q28 - Other congenital malformations of circulatory system'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q28. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.