ICD-10-CM Code Q38
Other congenital malformations of tongue, mouth and pharynx
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Q38 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of Q38 that describes the diagnosis 'other congenital malformations of tongue, mouth and pharynx' in more detail.
- Q38 Other congenital malformations of tongue, mouth and pharynx NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Q38.0 malformations of
- BILLABLE Q38.1
- BILLABLE Q38.2
- BILLABLE Q38.3 Other congenital malformations of
- BILLABLE Q38.4 malformations of and
- BILLABLE Q38.5 malformations of
- BILLABLE Q38.6 Other congenital malformations of mouth
- BILLABLE Q38.7
- BILLABLE Q38.8 Other congenital malformations of pharynx
Coding Notes for Q38 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Dentofacial anomalies - instead, use code M26.-
- Macrostomia - instead, use code Q18.4
- Microstomia - instead, use code Q18.5
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q38 - Other congenital malformations of tongue, mouth and pharynx'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q38. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.