ICD-10-CM Code Q74.2
Other congenital malformations of lower limb(s), including pelvic girdle
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
POA Exempt CodeThe Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires medical coders to indicate whether or not a condition was present at the time of admission, in order to properly assign MS-DRG codes. This "Present On Admission" (POA) indicator is recorded on CMS form 4010A.
Q74.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other congenital malformations of lower limb(s), including pelvic girdle. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
POA Indicators on CMS form 4010A are as follows:
|Indicator||Meaning||CMS Will Pay CC/MCC DRG Costs|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission||Yes|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission||No|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||No|
|W||Clinically undetermined. Provider unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||Yes|
|1||Exempt from POA reporting||No|
Coding Notes for Q74.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Congenital fusion of sacroiliac joint
- Congenital malformation of ankle joint
- Congenital malformation of sacroiliac joint
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Anteversion of femur (neck) - instead, use code Q65.89
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Congenital angulation of tibia (disorder)
- Macrodactyly of toes - fatty nerve tumor (disorder)
- Congenital abnormal fusion of tibia (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q74.2 - Other congenital malformations of lower limb(s), including pelvic girdle'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q74.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code Q74.2 and a single ICD9 code, 755.69 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.