ICD-10-CM Code Q75
Other congenital malformations of skull and face bones
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Q75 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of Q75 that describes the diagnosis 'other congenital malformations of skull and face bones' in more detail.
- Q75 Other congenital malformations of skull and face bones NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code Q75 is used to code Craniofacial abnormality
Craniofacial abnormalities are congenital musculoskeletal disorders which primarily affect the cranium and facial bones.
|ICD 9 Code:||756.0|
Coding Notes for Q75 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital malformation of face NOS - instead, use code Q18.-
- Congenital malformation syndromes classified to Q87.- - instead, use code Q87.-
- Dentofacial anomalies [including malocclusion] - instead, use code M26.-
- Musculoskeletal deformities of head and face (Q67.0-Q67.4) - instead, use code Q67.0-
- Skull defects associated with congenital anomalies of brain such as:
- Anencephaly - instead, use code Q00.0
- Encephalocele - instead, use code Q01.-
- Hydrocephalus - instead, use code Q03.-
- Microcephaly - instead, use Code Q02
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q75 - Other congenital malformations of skull and face bones'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q75. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.