ICD-10-CM Code Q87
Other specified congenital malformation syndromes affecting multiple systems
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Q87 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of Q87 that describes the diagnosis 'oth congenital malform syndromes affecting multiple systems' in more detail.
- Q87 Other specified congenital malformation syndromes affecting multiple systems NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Q87.0 malformation syndromes affecting
- BILLABLE Q87.1 malformation syndromes
- BILLABLE Q87.2 malformation syndromes
- BILLABLE Q87.3 malformation syndromes
- Q87.4 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Q87.5 Other congenital malformation syndromes
- Q87.8 Other specified congenital malformation NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code Q87 is used to code Multiple abnormalities
When a patient has multiple abnormalities (multiple anomaly, multiple deformity), they have a congenital abnormality that can not be primarily identified with a single system of the body or single disease process. Most medical conditions can have systemic sequelae, but multiple abnormalities occur when the effects on multiple systems is immediately obvious.
|ICD 9 Code:||759.7|
Coding Notes for Q87 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code(s) to identify all associated manifestations
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q87 - Other specified congenital malformation syndromes affecting multiple systems'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q87. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.