ICD-10-CM Code Q99.8
Other specified chromosome abnormalities
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
POA Exempt CodeThe Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires medical coders to indicate whether or not a condition was present at the time of admission, in order to properly assign MS-DRG codes. This "Present On Admission" (POA) indicator is recorded on CMS form 4010A.
Q99.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified chromosome abnormalities. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
POA Indicators on CMS form 4010A are as follows:
|Indicator||Meaning||CMS Will Pay CC/MCC DRG Costs|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission||Yes|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission||No|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||No|
|W||Clinically undetermined. Provider unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||Yes|
|1||Exempt from POA reporting||No|
The ICD code Q998 is used to code Pallister-Killian syndrome
Pallister–Killian syndrome (also tetrasomy 12p mosaicism or Pallister mosaic aneuploidy syndrome) is an extremely rare genetic disorder occurring in humans. Pallister-Killian occurs due to the presence of the anomalous extra isochromosome 12p, the short arm of the twelfth chromosome. This leads to the development of tetrasomy 12p. Because not all cells have the extra isochromosome, Pallister-Killian is a mosaic condition.
|MeSH Codes:||, D024182|
|ICD 9 Codes:||758.5,|
- DRG Group #729-730 - Other male reproductive system diagnoses with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #729-730 - Other male reproductive system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Williams syndrome (disorder)
- Tetrasomy 18p (disorder)
- Chromosome 18 syndromes and antibody deficiency (disorder)
- Deletion of X-chromosome and hypogammaglobulinemia (disorder)
- Genetic short QT syndrome (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q99.8 - Other specified chromosome abnormalities'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q99.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code Q99.8 and a single ICD9 code, 758.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.