ICD-10-CM Code R00.0
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R00.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of tachycardia, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code R000 is used to code Tachycardia
Tachycardia, also called tachyarrhythmia, is a heart rate that exceeds the normal resting rate. In general, a resting heart rate over 100 beats per minute is accepted as tachycardia in adults. Heart rates above the resting rate may be normal (such as with exercise) or abnormal (such as with electrical problems within the heart).
|MeSH Codes:||D013610, D013610|
|ICD 9 Codes:||427, 785.0|
ECG showing sinus tachycardia with a rate of about 100 beats per minute
Coding Notes for R00.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Rapid heart beat
- Sinoauricular tachycardia NOS
- Sinus [sinusal] tachycardia NOS
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Sinus tachycardia (finding)
- On examination - pulse rate tachycardia (finding)
- Reflex tachycardia (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R00.0 - Tachycardia, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R00.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 785.0 was previously used, R00.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.