ICD-10-CM Code R00.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R00.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of bradycardia, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code R001 is used to code Bradycardia
Bradycardia, also known as bradyarrhythmia, is a slow heart rate, defined as a heart rate of under 60 beats per minute (BPM) in adults. Bradycardia typically does not cause symptoms until the rate drops below 50 BPM. When symptomatic, it may cause fatigue, weakness, dizziness, and at very low rates fainting.
|MeSH Codes:||D001919, D001919, D001919, D001919|
|ICD 9 Codes:||427.81, 659.7, 785.9, 779.81|
Sinus bradycardia seen in lead II with a heart rate of about 50.
Coding Notes for R00.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Sinoatrial bradycardia
- Sinus bradycardia
- Slow heart beat
- Vagal bradycardia
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug See Section T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Neonatal bradycardia - instead, use code P29.12
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Persistent sinus bradycardia (disorder)
- Symptomatic sinus bradycardia (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R00.1 - Bradycardia, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R00.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R00.1 and a single ICD9 code, 427.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.