ICD-10-CM Code R03.1
Nonspecific low blood-pressure reading
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R03.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of nonspecific low blood-pressure reading. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R03.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Hypotension - instead, use code I95.-
- Maternal hypotension syndrome - instead, use code O26.5-
- Neurogenic orthostatic hypotension - instead, use code G90.3
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R03.1 - Nonspecific low blood-pressure reading'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R03.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 796.3 was previously used, R03.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.